As you prepare for the festive season, keep that shopping list handy as the Amazon Great Indian Festival (GIF) 2021 is almost here! Starting October 3, customers can look forward to exciting offers on unique selection from SMBs, Including local shops; and from top brands across mobile phones, appliances, consumer electronics, TVs, fashion, beauty and more.
The Amazon GIF 2021 is dedicated to lakhs of small sellers including over 75,000 local shops from 450 cities. GIF 2021 will also showcase products from Amazon sellers under various other programs such as Amazon Launchpad, Amazon Saheli, Amazon Karigar, as well as top Indian and global brands across categories.
“This year’s Great Indian Festival is a celebration of the resilience of local shop owners and small and medium sellers. We are humbled by their spirit and delighted with the opportunity to partner and enable their growth.”
Commenting on the announcement Manish Tiwary, Vice President, Amazon India said, “This year’s Great Indian Festival is a celebration of the resilience of local shops and small and medium sellers. We are humbled by their spirit and delighted with the opportunity to partner and enable their growth, especially in view of recent challenges owing to the pandemic. We continue to innovate on behalf of our customers to offer the widest selection, value and convenience, ensuring fast delivery of their #KhushiyonKeDibbe, to get them ready for the festive season from the comfort and safety of their homes.”
The year, the announcement for the Great Indian Festival was made virtually, against the backdrop of a bustling railway station, with the Great Indian Festival train loaded with the ‘boxes of happiness’ or ‘Khushiyon ke dibbe’ meandering through the beautiful Indian countryside, stopping at various ‘virtual’ stations. As video sound-bytes of sellers and delivery associates played, actor Mona Singh, who hosted the event asked Manish on the “boxes of happiness.”
“The Khushiyon ke Dibbe represent the A to Z of happiness. They carry the hopes and aspirations of lakhs of sellers and our associates across India,” said Manish as he explained in detail Amazon India’s “Khushiyon ki Tayyari.”
Festive preparedness at Amazon
To ensure safe, fast and reliable deliveries, and to serve customer demand during Great Indian Festival, Amazon India has created more than 110,000 seasonal job opportunities across its operations network. The company has expanded its fulfilment network by increasing its storage capacity by 40% with more than 60 fulfilment centers in 15 states offering a 43 million cubic feet to its sellers. It also ramped up its delivery infrastructure and has close to 1,700 Amazon owned and partner delivery stations, close to 28,000 ‘I Have Space’ partners and thousands of Amazon Flex delivery partners to serve customers in the farthest parts of the country.
- Shop from lakhs of sellers and tens and thousands of local shops: The Great Indian Festival (GIF) celebrates 8.5 lakh+ sellers, offering crores of products to customers on Amazon.in, including unique products from Indian SMBs and local shops.
- Launches across categories: Enjoy over 1,000 new product launches and exciting offers across categories including Grocery, Fashion & Beauty, Smartphones, Large appliances & TVs, Consumer Electronics and more.
- Shop in your preferred language: Customers can shop in languages of their choice including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada and the newly launched Bangla and Marathi.
- Voice Shopping in Hindi: Customers can also shop using their voice in Hindi in addition to English with voice shopping powered by Alexa
- Amazon Pay makes the Great Indian Festival more fun and rewarding: Customers save up to Rs.5,000 during the GIF by making daily payments like sending money, paying bills, booking tickets and more to unlock exciting shopping rewards that can be redeemed during the event.
- Exciting offers from leading partner banks such as HDFC Bank; 10% Instant Discount on HDFC Bank Credit & Debit Cards & EMI Transactions, no cost EMI on Debit & Credit cards, & Amazon Pay Later and exciting offers from other leading Credit/Debit Cards and lot more.
- Great Savings for MSMEs: MSME buyers can save big on their business purchases with GST invoice, bulk discounts and exclusive deals on a wide range of the commercial selection on Amazon Business.
- Lowest prices on Amazon Devices: Get the lowest prices of the year on Echo, Fire TV and Kindle range of devices. Make your home smarter by availing great deals on Alexa smart home combos.
- Launch of Prime Video Channels in India: With the launch of Prime Video Channels in India, Prime members will have a seamless experience and access to a distinctive slate of content from a diverse set of popular video streaming services; it will give Prime members the option for add-on subscriptions of popular OTT services and stream their content on the Amazon Prime Video app and website in India.
Click here to keep track of all the great offers in store.