A look at the key highlights from Amazon India's Prime Day 2021
Prime Day 2021 marked the most Small Medium Businesses (SMBs) selling on Amazon.in ever, as they saw an overwhelming response from Prime members. With customers from over 96% pincodes of India placing orders and with the month leading up to Prime Day marking the highest viewership for Prime Video and highest number of listeners for Prime Music, Prime members enjoyed the best of what Prime Day has to offer with the unique SMB selection, new launches, great savings, and engagement with various Prime benefits.
Some key highlights:
- Personal Computing, Beauty, Apparel, Home & Kitchen, Smartphones and Pantry categories were among those that saw the most success in terms of units sold.
- Work/Study from home purchase trends continued with members purchasing laptops, Printers, Monitors, TVs, Wearables and storage. Top brands were HP, Lenovo, Dell, Asus, Apple in laptops; Samsung, Lenovo in tablets; Epson, HP, Canon, Brother in printers; LG, BenQ in monitors; boAt, Zebronics in audio; Mi, FCUK, Amazfit in Wearables; Sony, Canon in Cameras, SanDisk, Seagate, WD in data Storage and TP Link in Networking; in TVs the best-selling brands were Mi, Redmi and Sony
- Large appliances found favour with members, with top selling brands being LG, Samsung in washing machines; Whirlpool, Samsung in refrigerators; Samsung in microwave in kitchen and home appliances.
- Members purchased mixer grinders, choppers and water purifiers from brands like Ganesh Chopper, Pigeon, Prestige, Butterfly, Kent and Eureka Forbes. Vacuum cleaner brands like Philips and Dyson were also a hit with members.
- Sanitization, Health & safety continued to be top priority for members. Top selling brands in health and personal care products were Himalaya, Dabur; Top selling brands in sanitization and safety essentials were Savlon, Dettol, Lifebuoy and Lizol.
- Summer wear and home/ loungewear were among the most sought after in apparel with Jockey, GoSriki, Biba and Max as top-selling apparel brands. Beauty and self-care were also on the mind of members. Top-selling beauty brands were Nivea, Biotique, Dove, WOW, L’Oreal, Mamaearth, Himalaya, Vaseline, Parachute, Lakme and Nivea.
- Top selling brands in smartphones were OnePlus Nord 2 5G, One Plus Nord CE 5g, Redmi Note 10 series, Redmi 9, Samsung Galaxy M31s, Samsung Galaxy M21 and realme c11.
- Prime members loved the incredible savings on Amazon Devices. Fire TV Stick was the highest selling product on Prime Day, and Echo Dot was amongst top 10.
- Almost 3 out of 4 Echo customers got started on their smart home journey this Prime Day with Alexa smart home bundles. Alexa is making homes smarter.
- One in every 10 smartwatch and one in every 6 smartphone sold this Prime Day was Alexa built-in.
- Customers loved upgrading their TV viewing experience – Onida Fire TV was among the best-selling smart TVs during Prime Day.
- Alexa answered over 3MM requests from customers during Prime Day on the Amazon Shopping app (Android), guiding them to the products, best deals, new launches, bill payments, Prime Music and much more
Entertainment & More
- Within 7-days from launch, Toofaan was watched by more customers on Prime Video India than any other Hindi Film in its opening week.
- Our local language movies – Narappa (Telugu), Sarpatta Parambarai (Tamil) and Malik (Malayalam), were each watched in over 3,200 towns and cities in India and in over 150 countries and territories globally, highlighting the growing viewership and popularity of local language films not just in India but also around the world
- Hostel Daze (S2) emerged as one of the most loved shows amongst Young Adults within just a week of its launch, with viewership from over 3,600 towns and cities in India and from over 100 countries and territories around the world
- Amazon Prime Music India saw the highest listeners ever in the week leading up to Prime Day, with Prime members listening to music in over 50 languages (20+ Indian and 30+ International language) during this period.
- Amazon Music exclusively released 3 songs from the hugely popular Mixtape Rewind series first for Prime Members during the Prime Day lead-up. All the 3 songs featuring prominent artists - Sachet and Parampara Tandon, Shilpa Rao, Yasser Desai, Darshan Raval and Prakriti Kakar debuted on the 50 Most Played Hindi charts within the first week of release.
- In the lead up to Prime Day, the most streamed songs on Prime Music were ‘Thoda Thoda Pyaar’ by Stebin Ben, Nilesh Ahuja & Kumaar in Hindi, ‘Levitating’ by Dua Lipa feat. DaBaby in English, ‘Waalian’ by HARNOOR in Punjabi, ‘Vaathi Coming’ by Anirudh Ravichander & Gana Balachandar in Tamil and ‘Saranga Dariya’ by Mangli feat. Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi in Telugu.
- Prime members streamed podcasts in Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and other languages. Top 5 podcasts streamed during lead up were Woice with Warikoo Podcast, Sadhguru, TED Talks Daily, Gita For Daily Living and Ponniyin Selvan.
- Prime Reading eBook borrowing customers increased by 50% with over a 50% increase in first time borrowing. Indian authors like Amish Tripathi, Devdutt Pattanaik and Preeti Shenoy were the most read. Prime Day Kindle exclusive eBooks by best-selling authors Devdutt Pattanaik (Adi Purana: Entire Veda as a Single Story), Preeti Shenoy (Thanks For Your Time), and Ambi Parameswaran (Negotiation Magic) were amongst the top eBooks borrowed.