What a year for Prime members! Today, Amazon is celebrating the Best of Prime 2019, revealing how Prime members chose to enjoy the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon this past year. Prime brings members the best of Amazon in India with unlimited free one and two-day delivery, early access to sale events, video streaming, ad-free music and much more. Members worldwide enjoyed more moments than ever before with their video, music and reading benefits. 85 percent of Prime members enjoyed at least 1 benefit during Great Indian Festival 2019. More members worldwide signed up for Prime during the past year than any year before. 2x more Prime members joined from outside of Top 10 Indian cities in 2019 than in 2018.
The Family Man became the most watched Amazon Original in India to date; other Indian Originals – Four More Shots Please!, Made In Heaven were among the most watched shows in India in 2019; Most streamed artist on Prime Music was Arijit Singh, most read title on Prime Reading was Chacha Chaudhary and Temple Thief and Raman of Tenali. Most shopped products were Tata Salt, boAt Rockerz sports Bluetooth wireless earphone, Madhur Sugar, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Mi Band 3 and Pigeon by Stovekraft new handy mini plastic chopper.
Best of Prime 2019: Top Products · Most shopped products during the year included boAt Rockerz sports Bluetooth wireless earphone, , Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Mi Band 3, JBL headphones , Pigeon by Stovekraft new handy mini plastic chopper, Maggi 2 minutes masala noodles, Britannia Little hearts, Madhur Sugar and Tata Salt.
· Top-selling deals in India this Prime Day included Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, which was also the top-selling deal across all categories this Prime Day.
· Members shopped from over 1,000 new product launches including OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue, Maggi Fusian, Samsung Galaxy M40 Cocktail Orange, Alexa-enabled washing machine by IFB among others.
Best of Prime 2019: Prime Music
Members in the country streamed music in 18 Indian and International languages on Prime Music and couldn’t get enough of the hits on Prime Music:
· The most streamed artists were Arijit Singh, A.R.Rahman and Pritam
· The most streamed International artists were Ed Sheeran; Imagine Dragons and Post Malone
· Prime Members thoroughly enjoyed Amazon Prime Music curated Playlists, with the top 3 favourites being 50 Most Played: India, 50 Most Played: International& Unplugged Bollywood
· The 50 Most Played playlist series were the most streamed Playlist across Hindi, English, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Marathi
· Listeners’ favorite albums included Kabir Singh (various artists), Gully Boy (various artists), and Luka Chuppi (various artists).
· Members’ favourite 2019 songs included “Bekhayali” by Sachet Tandon, “Señorita” by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello, “Duniyaa” by Akhil & Dhvani Bhanushali and “Apna Time Aayega” by Ranveer Singh & Dub Sharma
· The Most requested song on Alexa was “Aankh Maarey” by Neha Kakkar, Mika Singh and Kumar Sanu
Best of Prime 2019: Prime Reading
Everyone loves a good book, and members are no exception. Here’s a look at Indian members’ top picks on Prime Reading, where Prime members can read hundreds of eligible e-books, comics and more at no extra cost*:
· In India the most borrowed titles by genre were: Biographies & Memoirs: Chanakya Neeti; Health, Family & Lifestyle: Introducing Psychology: A Graphic Guide; Literature & Fiction: One Indian Girl; Romance: The Nameless Relationship; Science Fiction & Fantasy: Immortals of Meluha (The Shiva Trilogy Book 1); Young Adult: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
· “Chacha Chaudhary and Temple Thief: Chacha Chaudhary Comic”; “Raman If Tenali”; Suppandi (Vol 2): Tinkle Collection (Suppandi: Tinkle Collection)”; “Birbal the Genius”; “The Wedding Tamasha” (The Menon Women Book 1) were the most read titles on Prime Reading this past year.