Father’s Day is right around the corner. It’s tough to imagine what would make for a perfect gift for the main man in your life. If you’re on the hunt for something that makes your dad’s life easier and adds a dash of fun to his everyday routine, an Alexa-enabled device might just be what you're looking for. Alexa packs multiple features such as news updates and voice-enabled bill payments, along with a host of other features, making it the perfect companion for your dad.
Read on to know 5 ways your dad can use Alexa.
1. Pay bills easilyHere's a way for him make mundane tasks like bill payments quick and seamless. With an Echo Dot 5th Gen with Alexa by his side, paying bills is just a voice command away. All he needs to say is: “Alexa, pay my mobile bill” or “Alexa, pay my electricity bill” and Alexa will process the payment quickly and efficiently. Your dad can also ask Alexa to remind him of upcoming bills or pending payments. Learn more.
2. Create shopping lists on the goDoes your father fret when it comes to shopping? Make it easy for him to keep track of what everyone needs and tick them off with Alexa’s help. Just saying “Alexa, add batteries to shopping list” or “Alexa, smart light meri shopping list mein add karo” can help dad organise his list. He can also access it later by asking, “Alexa, what’s on my shopping list?” or “Alexa, meri shopping list par kya hai?”
3. Play music
From nostalgic favourites to devotional tracks, your dad can find a variety of music to kick off his morning or unwind after a long day. With the newly-launched Echo Pop, it’s as easy as saying: “Alexa, bhajan sunao” or “Alexa, play Kishore Kumar songs”. He can easily request whatever he likes and Alexa will do the rest! Learn more
4. Get daily news updateAlexa makes it super convenient for your dad to access daily news updates. He simply needs to ask, “Alexa, news batao” or “Alexa, play the headlines” and Alexa will get the latest news, weather forecast, or answer questions about world affairs. Your dad can also watch the day's headlines on his Echo Show 5.
5. Dad jokes for the win!Dads are notorious for throwing punchlines that make our eyes roll. But did you know Alexa has a sense of humour that can rival his lame ones? Just ask, “Alexa, tell me a dad joke” or “Alexa, ek joke sunao” and give him a partner-in-crime.
6. Drop in on your dad with AlexaWhether you’re worried about him or simply missing him on Father’s Day, Alexa also makes it easy for you to check in on how your dad is doing. Get him an Echo Show 8 that will allow you to drop in on him using your own Alexa device or the Alexa mobile application. Simply say, "Alexa, call dad" or “Alexa, drop in on Dad’s Echo Show” and you can spend little moments together even if you’re far apart.
Learn about other cool Alexa features here.