Amazon.in recently announced ‘Big Bazaar’s Sabse Saste 5 din’ sale, with amazing deals on a wide range of categories ranging from food, household items, electronics, fashion apparels, footwear, toys, luggage, kitchenware and home décor, where customers could avail an additional 10% off by paying through RuPay. The sale started at midnight on January 22 until 11:59 pm on January 26 and going by the key highlights, Big Bazaar's online debut looks to be a success.
“With Amazon, we are thrilled to have successfully reached out to new customers who could make the most of the 5 big shopping days.”
- 65,000 exciting deals on offer across categories- from food, household items, electronics, fashion apparels, footwear, toys, luggage, kitchenware and home décor
- Amazon Pay live in all Big Bazaar stores, giving customers a flexible payment option
- 9x jump in units in Large Appliances, Home and Kitchen
- 8x jump in units in Apparel and Shoes
- Highest orders recorded by 6 Big Bazaar stores on Prime Now on any single day till date - Big Bazaar Karol Bagh store saw 7x jump in orders on a single day, while Big Bazaar Logix Noida, Big Bazaar Matunga Mumbai, Big Bazaar Kalyan Mumbai, Big Bazaar Thane Mumbai, and Big Bazaar Ameerpet Hyderabad saw 3x jump in orders.
Building on strengths
“We are extremely pleased to make Big Bazaar’s online debut on Amazon.in. Amazon and Future Group have common values of serving customers everywhere in best possible manner. This partnership will allow us to build upon each other’s strengths in the physical and digital space so that customers benefit from best product, assortment and price” said Kishore Biyani, CEO, Future Group, adding. "Year on year we always introduce a new element that enhances the shopping experience for our customers. With Amazon, we are thrilled to have successfully reached out to new customers who could make the most of the 5 big shopping days."
“We are thrilled that customers loved shopping the deals across Future Group’s popular brands.”
In the sale period, customers choose from over 65,000 exciting deals from Future Groups brands- Big Bazaar, FBB, Home Town, Lee Cooper- in categories like grocery, home, kitchen, furniture, larger and small appliances, apparel, shoes, toys and luggage. Prime members had an early access to the offline preview sales at Big Bazaar stores, starting 20 January & 21 January 2020.
'Thrilled for customers'
Speaking on the occasion, Sameer Khetarpal, Director, Amazon India, said “Sabse Saste 5 Din is one of Future Group’s most iconic sales event and we are thrilled that customers loved shopping the deals across Future Group’s popular brands like Lee Cooper, Converse, FBB, Koryo, HomeTown and many more online on Amazon.in from comfort of their homes. Big Bazaar is synonymous with offering its customer quality products at an affordable price point. We look forward to bringing the Big Bazaar experience to our customers across India."
Big Bazaar is a pioneer of modern retail in India, launched as a supermarket concept first time in India in 2001 offering a wide range of brands and categories at best value. In 2006, they launched their first ever Republic Day Sale and it revolutionized the concept of “sales day” in India. Now known as ‘Sabse Saste Din’, it is one of the biggest shopping event in India.