It’s a wrap! The 7th edition of Prime Day was the biggest ever for Prime members, sellers, and brand partners this year. Prime members discovered joy through great deals, new launches, and blockbuster entertainment. Thousands of sellers, brands and bank partners came together this Prime Day to help Prime members save over ₹300 crore. They also enjoyed the fastest ever deliveries of their Prime Day orders, including same day deliveries; 1 in 3 orders in metros were delivered before Prime Day got over, and 1 in 2 orders across most tier 1 & tier cities were delivered in less than 2 days. Highest number of same day deliveries were recorded this Prime Day than any previous Prime Day events. 14% more Prime members shopped this year, making it the biggest Prime Day event in India. Prime members shopped for 45,000+ new product launches from 400+ top Indian and global brands, including OnePlus, iQOO, Realme NarzoWith, Samsung, Motorola, boAt, Sony, Allen Solly, Lifestyle, Titan, Fossil, Puma, Tata, and Dabur.
Prime Day 2023 in numbers
Prime Day 2023 saw strong growth of new members and the highest ever engagement with 14% more Prime members shopping during the 2023 edition. A peak of 22,190 orders were clocked in a single minute—the highest ever for a Prime Day event.
Prime members from 98% of Indian pin codes shopped for front load washing machines, headphones, apparels, shoes, luxury beauty products, smartphones, and baby products and much more from leading brands.
Here are some highlights:
- The large appliances category sold an appliance every 2 seconds during the event
- We saw a huge spike in premium electronics led by premium audio brands like Sony, Bose, and JBL where a noise-cancelling headphone was sold every 20 seconds
- 70% of demand for smartphones was from Tier 2 & 3 cities, with foldable smartphones seeing 25x growth among customers
- Home appliances and kitchen products were among customer favourites, with the highest sales being recorded for mixer grinders, water purifiers, and water heaters
- Toys recorded the highest ever single day sales, with an average of 1.8 toys being sold every second—a 48% growth from last year
- We sold over 1 lakh litres of cooking oil, 7,000 kgs tomatoes, and 23,000 kgs sugar on Amazon Fresh, and over 600 brands grew by at least 2x during this time
- Prime members ordered a new pair of shoes every 0.4 seconds, purchased a handbag every 1.6 seconds, and were delighted with great discounts across top brands like Marks & Spencer, Tommy Hilfiger, Ray-Ban, Biba, and Levi's
- Amazon Business saw a 56% sales growth compared to 2022, including 2x growth in electronics, 1.7x growth in office furniture, and 1.4x growth in kitchen products and appliances
- 30 TVs were sold every minute with premium 4K, QLED and OLED TVs seeing the most demand. This was fuelled by a wide selection across screen sizes with attractive bank offers, exchange, No Cost EMI, and affordability schemes through Bajaj Finance.
- Prime members enjoyed incredible savings on Amazon devices with customers buying a Fire TV, Echo (with Alexa), or Kindle device every 2 seconds. The Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot 4th Gen were among the best-selling products on Amazon.in during Prime Day
- Alexa continued to make homes smarter—almost every 2 out of 3 Echo customers started on their smart-home journey this Prime Day with purchases of Alexa smart home combos (i.e. Echo smart speaker + Alexa-compatible devices)
- Alexa helped nearly 10 lakh customers to search for their favourite products on Amazon.in
- SMBs on Amazon.in received 20 orders every second during this Prime Day event. Over 90,000 SMB sellers received orders from Prime members across 19,000+ pin codes.
- Over 15,000 SMBs saw their best ever sales during Prime Day 2023.
- Prime Video released 12 movies and shows in the 30 days leading up to Prime Day. 8 of those titles featured in the top ten most watched titles on Prime Video India in that period. All the titles released on Prime Video as a part of the Prime Day line-up saw great customer response across the length and breadth of the country, receiving viewership from 99% of India’s pin codes.
- International shows and movies released during Prime Day 2023 were streamed by customers from 97% of India’s pin codes
- 15 exclusive podcasts were launched on Amazon Music
India shops like never before
I would like to thank our sellers, brand partners and Prime members who helped make this Prime Day the biggest ever in India. Brands and sellers across categories received a great response from Prime members from metros and tier 2 & 3 cities and towns across India.
"With the biggest product and brand launches, best deals of the year this Prime Day, we also delivered highest number of same day deliveries over past Prime Day events,” said Sahi.
Prime Day made more affordable
45% of Prime members shopped with Amazon Pay this Prime Day, of which 82% were from tier 2 and 3 cities and towns. 1 in 4 Prime members used the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card to shop during Prime Day. Customers also booked 1.6 crore kms of domestic and international flights during this event.
Every day made better with Prime
Amazon Prime is designed to make your life better every single day as it provides the best of shopping, savings, and entertainment in one single membership. In India, members get free one-day delivery on over 40 lakh products, unlimited 5% cashback on all purchases using their co-branded ICICI Bank credit card, and access to unique deals, besides early and special access to our shopping events. Amazon Prime also provides unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV shows with Prime Video, unlimited access to more than 100 million songs and access to over 15 million podcast episodes with Amazon Music. Also, Prime members have a free rotating selection of more than 3,000 e-books, magazines and comics with Prime Reading, and access to monthly free-in game content and benefits with Prime Gaming.