In 2021, startups Slurrp Farm, Sirona and Wellbeing Nutrition were winners of the first season of Amazon Global Selling Propel Accelerator (AGSPA), an initiative to support early-stage startups in the consumer space who want to launch in international markets and create global brands from India
The second season of the Propel Accelerator program launched today, with more bells and whistles for startups to look forward to. Startups that are part of the program get an opportunity to showcase their business propositions to marquee VC firms like Accel, DSG Consumer Partners, Fireside Ventures, and Sequoia Capital India. In addition, popular Bollywood actor and angel investor Kunal Kapoor has joined the program as a mentor. Participating startups also get a chance to win an equity-free grant of $100,000 from Amazon, as well as free AWS credits worth $10,000.
Building a global brand is now easier than ever before. 🌏🚀— Amazon India News (@AmazonNews_IN) February 9, 2022
As we kick off season 2 of #AmazonGlobalSellingPropel, watch @Amitagarwal, SVP India and Emerging Markets, @Amazon share how e-commerce exports is enabling thousands of entrepreneurs build global brands.#PropelAhead pic.twitter.com/iIHVlWxHbF
Inviting Indian startups to participate, Amit Agarwal, SVP – India & Emerging Markets, Amazon said, “The Global Selling Propel Accelerator provides emerging companies an opportunity to bring their business propositions to life and create globally popular brands from India. This is in line with the Prime Minister’s vision of creating a thriving startup ecosystem and making startups the engines of India’s economic growth. We saw great interest, ideas, and entrepreneurial spirit in the first season of the program and are excited to now launch season 2. It is part of our commitment to make exports easier for businesses of all sizes and enable $10 billion in e-commerce exports from India by 2025.”
Slurrp Farm founders Meghana Narayan and Shauravi Malik’s witnessed their brand becoming a household name in new markets post going through the first Propel Accelerator program. Meghana Narayan said, “The Amazon Global Selling Propel Accelerator program played a pivotal role in our success, helping us create sustainable business models that increased the brand’s value proposition and visibility in markets across the world. Today, we have expanded our operations to the US and UK and have witnessed over 100% growth in sales. We are confident that season two will play a transformational role in the success of participating startups to win in global markets.”
How can #AmazonGlobalSellingPropel Accelerator help your business? We're glad you asked!— Amazon India News (@AmazonNews_IN) February 9, 2022
Watch as @AbhijitKamra, Director Global Trade, Amazon India, share more about how this program can begin your global growth journey. 🌏🚀#PropelAhead pic.twitter.com/S0igWKE9dV
Here’s more about the Propel Accelerator program:
- Entries for the startup accelerator open today until 14 March, 2022. Interested startups can log on to amazon.in/propel and complete their application.
- Early-stage startups in the consumer products space (raised funding in the post-seed to pre-series A stage, if funded) with a vision to expand their business to global markets can apply to be a part of the accelerator program.
- The entries will be evaluated by an Amazon-led panel on the basis of the business idea, scalability, and strength of the business plan/model, business metrics in launched markets, founding team credentials, among other things. Applications will be shortlisted by 22 March, 2022 and inducted into the accelerator program.
- The program will feature an eight-week 1:1 mentorship module for the shortlisted participants where they will interact with Amazon leaders from India and global teams, Startup India leaders, and VC partners and get first-hand knowledge on building and scaling up exports business through ecommerce.
- Amazon will provide support to these startups to launch their products worldwide through its Exports program – Amazon Global Selling. The accelerator will provide startups a chance to showcase their business proposition to partner VC firms like Accel, DSG Consumer Partners, Fireside Ventures, and Sequoia Capital India.
- For more information, please visit amazon.in/propel